Effective Project Management
'An Excellent delivery of knowledge, supporting transference into practice by practical tips and templates.'
A Very Happy Client – Manager, St Gemma's Hospice
All Project Managers and Consultants would benefit from attending this course. This course is designed to benefit everyone with an interest in Project Management. It is ideal for those seeking an introduction to Project Management, as well as experienced Project Managers, who wish to become better at delivering projects on time, within budget and to specification.
Project Management skills are becoming more and more important to all organisations as a greater emphasis is being applied to controlling costs, meeting delivery expectations and implementing effective change. The current economic climate means that organisations cannot afford to allow any overrun of project costs or timescales, whilst at the same time they are often forced to get by with less management resource. The skills and disciplines practiced within Project Management are highly relevant to all managers and directors, within all areas of the business..
This one day course will give you an excellent understanding of professional project management within the context of any kind of business, covering all types of projects. You will learn the fundamental tools and techniques that you will need to deliver effectively and successfully any type of project. This workshop will enable you to become a better and more effective Project Manager and hence a better manager and director.
This workshop is not specific to any particular type or context of project. The skills that you will learn are generic across all projects. The discussions and exercises will provide a reference to several different types of projects. We will highlight the use of the Project Management techniques across a wide range of projects, such as:
- Change Management and Embedding Change and Innovation
- Cultural and Behavioural Change Projects
- Project Sponsors, Project Champions and Project Facilitators
- Project Planning, Project Milestones and Goal Setting
- Project Management and existing Key Performance Indicators and/or Incentive Systems
- Management and Staff Restructuring
- Technological Implementation of IT Systems and Innovation Projects
- Process Re-engineering Projects
- Brands and Product Launch Projects
- Selection and implementation of Software Projects
- Interaction with Bid Management and Contract Management
- Systems Integration Projects
- Marketing and Sales Campaign Projects
- Expansion Projects
- Downsizing Projects
- Balanced Scorecard implementation Projects
The Course Leader is a very experienced Project Manager, who has spent 25 years in the UK and overseas, successfully delivering projects, on time, to specification and within budget. These projects have ranged in value from £30,000 to £20m. He considers all forms of business to comprise a series of interconnected projects, varying from the very short term to the very long term.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Consulting, FIC, and a Certified Management Consultant, CMC. He has worked on the following types of projects:
- Embedding Change Management methodologies into a leading global manufacturer
- Cultural and Behavioural Change
- Selection and implementation of Software projects across multiple international companies within global groups
- Strategic international financial management projects within Financial Services
- Integrating new company acquisitions within the acquiring groups
- Designing and implementing new processes and systems within new and existing companies
- Brands and Product Launch projects
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Projects
- Company turnaround projects
- Software Integration projects
- Sales and Marketing projects
- Expansion projects
- Restructuring projects involving large scale redundancies
He has an open engaging delivery style, which welcomes questions and encourages discussions. His workshops are dynamic and, fun. You will learn many new things and perhaps more importantly, you are likely to remember them and enjoy the course.
Who Will Benefit From Attending This Training
This course is suitable for all managers, directors and consultants, who are new to Project Management, as well as for those with existing Project Management skills, who wish to become more effective Project Managers and to develop further their existing Project Management skills. The skills and disciplines practiced within project management are highly relevant to all managers and directors.
'Excellent delivery of knowledge supporting transference into practice by practical tips and templates.'
Advanced Nurse Practitioner, St Gemma's Hospice
'Good guide with useful hints & tips to improve project management quality and efficiency.'
Curriculum Learning Curriculum Manager, Doncaster Council
'Very useful & practical information to support project management.'
Medical Specialist, Nursing Home
'Very informative and you can relate it to aspects of your job role.'
Service Manager, MENCAP
This one day course enables participants to understand better, the key requirments of a strong and well devloped approach to Project Planning and Project Management. It will help to develop the key skills and techniques that will allow participants to become more effective Project Managers, when assessing, planning and managing any project.
By the end of this training course participants will be better able to:
- Project Management
- Identify and evaluate the main risks of any proposed project
- Ensure the initial project documentation is robust and constitutes clear terms of reference
- Define the project and explore the cost versus benefit.
- Identify the key roles within a project
- Identify and plan the phases of a project
- Understand the role of Project Management within an organisation
- Understand decision making within a project environment
- Understand how to identify and measure project costs and benefits
- Understand the importance of identifying and documenting User Requirements
- Understand the critical relationship between planning and quality
- Understand how to manage risk so as to ensure project success
- Understand how to deal with change in a controlled way
- Understand Project Controls and how to apply them in order to deliver your project successfully
- Understand and be able to implement aspects of Balanced Scorecard techniques with any project
- Identify different methods of Project Planning and Project Delivery
- Plan, manage and control a project
- Be able to apply new processes and techniques to your own project
- Identify how to close a project successfully
We currently deliver other workshops that focus on Project Management, follow the links for an overview of the content and scheduled dates:
Internal Staff Training and Development
This training workshop, along with most of our other best practice training workshops, can be delivered as an internal training course at your premises. Even with groups as small as 6-8 delegates, the course fees per person for internal training workshops can be lower than for open events. The potential savings are even greater, if the travel time and the travel costs of the delegates are included.
Running training workshops internally is very convenient and it allows the participants to explore how key issues will impact on them and their organization. Then as a team they can begin to agree upon a development action plan, with priorities. This approach is favoured by many of our clients as it combines a high quality service with excellent value for money and is a highly effective route for staff development.
Related Management Training Workshops
Certificates of Professional Development.
This course is recognised for CPD purposes by most professional institutes and associations including the Law Society, the CIM, the CMI, the ICAEW, the Institute of Learning and the CIPD. Formal Certificates of Professional Development will be issued by email to participants who successfully complete this course. These certificates will enable participants to evidence the update of their CPD records. The workshop will consider how to best apply the knowledge gained by the delegates upon their return to the workplace. This element of the programme is designed to maximise the benefits of attending and enable participants to make valued judgments when recording CPD activities