Learner Reviews for Practitioners
|Learner Reviews for Practitioners|
|16 Aug 2018||WS7864||£299||Birmingham City Centre|
Making Reviews a More Effective Experience
Achieving grade 1 and 2 at Inspection requires that all key processes are working as effectively as possible. Inspection reports continue to show that Progress Reviewing is an under-developed process in many organisations. When carried out effectively, learner progress reviewing can make an important contribution when judging and attributing grades to the “quality of teaching training and assessment”. Effective Progress Reviewing also motivates and engages learners. It does this by helping to ensure Learners have a very clear understanding of the knowledge and skills they are achieving, and by quickly identifying and addressing any emerging barriers to progress.
This workshop is designed to help practitioners make progress reviews more effective and in doing so help improve success rates.
This intense and highly interactive workshop has been designed, primarily, for practitioners who are responsible for ensuring learner progress, success and achievement on Apprenticeship, Foundation Learning, DWP and other similar programmes.
The workshop also offers significant value to those managers who have responsibility for the quality and outputs of learner progress reviews and are looking to understand better, what a good review looks like and the ways to present this knowledge on to their staff.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the workshop is primarily aimed to help participants ensure that progress reviews are a stimulating experience for learners, in which all aspects of learner progress and achievement are captured and clear, measurable, follow on achievement targets are agreed and understood by all parties.
As a result of attending this workshop participants will be able to describe and explain how to:
- produce more effective reviews
- increase learner ownership and participation
- agree clearer and more robust targets
- manage review sessions more effectively
- develop enhanced learner and employer engagement in the process
'Interactive, informative & useful.'
Qualifications Manager, YMCA
'It's useful as it helps with ways to conduct reviews and will help to raise standards.'
Training Adviser, YMCA
'Excellent - very useful!'
A P Employer Engagement, Doncaster College
'Great! Great pace! Great info!'
Quality Manager, Kirklees College
'The workshop was interesting and gave me ideas to improve the learners experience of progress reviews.'
Learning & Development Officer
- The purpose learner progress reviews serve related to different types of programme, and their value to learners
- How to build greater learner and tutor ownership of, and commitment to the process
- How to better engage employers in the process
- How to produce effective reviews which capture what the learner is learning and achieving, in relation to specific aspects of their programme, and wider employability or personal development skills that are being developed
- Effective management of progress review sessions including the use of ‘discussion techniques’ to help resolve barriers to progress and enhance motivation
- Meaningful and measurable targets
Learning will be facilitated through:
- interactive discussions
- case study analysis
- presentation of examples of good practice
- group and individual problem solving exercises
- role play activities
- tutor feedback to individuals
- participants’ critical evaluation of their own systems
- comparative analysis of the systems demonstrated in the workshop, and the practices used by other workshop participants.
Internal Staff Training and Development
This training workshop, along with most of our other best practice training workshops, can be delivered as an internal training course at your premises. Even with groups as small as 6-8 delegates, the course fees per person for internal training workshops can be lower than for open events. The potential savings are even greater, if the travel time and the travel costs of the delegates are included.
Running training workshops internally is very convenient and it allows the participants to explore how key issues will impact on them and their organization. Then as a team they can begin to agree upon a development action plan, with priorities. This approach is favoured by many of our clients as it combines a high quality service with excellent value for money and is a highly effective route for staff development.
Related Learner Achievement Workshops
- Developing and Monitoring the Quality of Learner Progress Reviews for Mgrs
- Learner Reviews for Practitioners
Certificates of Professional Development.
This course is recognised for CPD purposes by most professional institutes and associations including the Law Society, the CIM, the CMI, the ICAEW, the Institute of Learning and the CIPD. Formal Certificates of Professional Development will be issued by email to participants who successfully complete this course. These certificates will enable participants to evidence the update of their CPD records. The workshop will consider how to best apply the knowledge gained by the delegates upon their return to the workplace. This element of the programme is designed to maximise the benefits of attending and enable participants to make valued judgments when recording CPD activities