Open Events — Terms & Conditions, Refunds and Cancellation Policy
All refunds are at the discretion of the management, however if you make a mistake and process multiple credit card payments, please contact us and we will refund your credit card account in full.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy - Overview
Our standard booking terms allow delegates to cancel an existing booking in order to transfer their booking onto a new course date, for the same course, up to six weeks before the date of the original event; subject to a £90 plus VAT administration fee per delegate.
When there is less than 6 weeks to the event and cancellation period extension has not been purchased, cancellation by, or on behalf of, delegates is charged at the full price and transfer to an alternative event, date or location is not permitted. This applies to any reason and includes those outside of the delegate's direct control such as adverse weather, transport strikes, Ofsted inspections, national emergencies and illness.
We therefore recommend that all delegates purchase Cancellation Period Extension (CPE), at the time of booking, which costs an additional £90 plus VAT per delegate.
CPE extends the delegate cancellation/transfer period to any time up to the day before the start of the workshop, and includes non-attendance for any reason providing you notify us at least the day before the event begins and have written evidence our receipt of your non-attendance notification. This might be for example our acknowledgement email.
General Terms and Conditions – Applies to all bookings
- Event fees, unless otherwise stated, include lunch, refreshments, tuition and papers.
- Venue details and joining instructions are normally issued by email on or before Wednesday of the week prior to the event
- Payment is required at the earlier of 30 days from the invoice date or the day before the event
- Delegate substitutions are accepted prior to the start of the event without additional charge
- Delegate cancellations from a booked course for transfers onto the same course on a later date are accepted up to 6 weeks before the event
- All allowed delegate cancellations/transfers incur an additional transfer administration fee of £90 + VAT per delegate
- Cancellation/Transfer requests must be made in writing, by email or letter
- Cancellation/transfer requests received will be confirmed in writing by email
- Delegates need to ensure they receive and retain the above confirmation notice
- Cancellations, transfers and changes are only valid when we have confirmed in writing by post or email
- Where delegates are unable to evidence our receipt of the cancellation/transfer request then the full fee remains payable
- In the event of transfer to a higher/lower priced event, invoices/credits notes will be issued to cover the difference to the amount paid
- Late payments will be subject to a £50 + VAT per month fee, plus the cost of any collection fees, including legal costs
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel events at short notice for reasons beyond our control.
- If an event is cancelled by us, then all fees paid will be refunded, including any CPE.
- Our liability is limited to the individual delegate fees paid
Delegate Cancellations and Transfers - less than 6 weeks to the Event
WITHOUT Cancellation Period Extension
Should a delegate be unable to attend for any reason beyond our control then the invoice still remains payable in full and delegates are NOT permitted to transfer to alternative events, dates or locations.
This applies to each and every situation and circumstance that is beyond our direct control and includes issues that may also be outside the control of the delegate/s due to attend. This could include, for example, but is not limited to:
- Adverse Weather
- Transport Problems, including strike, dispute and failure
- Personal issues, both minor and serious
- Business issues, including staff shortage, other meetings, audits and inspections
WITH Cancellation Period Extension, which costs an additional £90 + VAT per delegate
Purchase of the Cancellation Period Extension (CPE) option allows delegates to transfer their booking onto a new course date, for the same course, on another date or at an alternative location, at any time up to the day before the event begins and can evidence our receipt of your non-attendance notification prior to the event.
- CPE is not transferable between delegates
- CPE must be taken out individually for each delegate as required
- Cancellation Period Extension is only available at the time of booking
- CPE is event specific and cannot be transferred between events
- CPE can be used only once. If a delegate transfers and wishes CPE to apply to the new event then an additional CPE payment is required
- In the event of cancellation/transfer the CPE premium is non-refundable
- Cancellations of booked events to make transfers onto a new course date, for the same course, implemented under the terms of the CPE, will incur the additional transfer administration fee of £90 + VAT per delegate. This is in addition to the Cancellation Period Extension fee of £90 plus VAT per delegate
Cancellations with Multiple Delegate Discounts
Where multiple delegates from the same organisation book on the same event. It is possible that discounts may have been applied to the second and/or subsequent delegate bookings. Where this occurs, cancellation and transfer by one or more delegates for any reason, including the use of CPE, may reduce the discount entitlement that the remaining delegates are entitled to. Any credit note or refund due to the delegate who is transferring, will be adjusted to balance any discounts which would no longer be valid.
For example: on a group booking of 3 delegates where the first delegate is charged £600, the second £500 and the third £400. A valid and accepted cancellation/transfer by the second delegate would result in a refund of £400 less any cancellation/transfer charge. In terms of cost, the third delegate has in effect assumed and been charged the rate of the second delegate. Hence it is effectively the third delegate’s charge that has been cancelled/transferred.