Open Events — Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Policy
Cancellation and Transfer Policy - Overview
Our standard booking terms allow delegates to cancel or transfer their booking up to three weeks before the date of the event.
When there is less than 3 weeks to the event and cancellation period extension has not been purchased, any cancellation by, or on behalf of, delegates is charged at full price and transfer to an alternative event, date or location is not permitted.
Purchasing Cancellation Period Extension (CPE), at the time of booking, extends the delegate cancellation/transfer period to any point prior to the start of the workshop, and includes non-attendance due to weather, strikes, etc providing you call us before the event begins.
General Terms and Conditions – Applies to all bookings
- Delegate substitutions are accepted prior to the start of the event without additional charge
- Delegate cancellations or transfers are accepted up to 3 weeks before the event
- Cancellation/Transfer requests must be made in writing, email or letter
- Cancellations, transfers and changes are only valid only when we have confirmed in writing by post or email
- Amendments not confirmed by us are subject to the full event fee
- All delegate cancellations/transfers incur a £25+vat administration fee
- Payment is required before the event
- Event fees, unless otherwise stated, include lunch, refreshments, tuition and papers.
- Venue details and joining instructions are normally issued by email on or before Wednesday of the week prior to the event,
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel events at short notice for reasons beyond our control.
- If an event is cancelled by ourselves, then all fees paid will be refunded, including CPE.
- Our liability is limited to the individual delegate fees paid
Delegate Cancellations and Transfers - less than 3 weeks to the Event
WITHOUT Cancellation Period Extension
Should a delegate be unable to attend for any reason beyond our control then the invoice still remains payable in full and delegates are NOT permitted to transfer to alternative events, dates or locations.
This applies to each and every situation and circumstance that is beyond our direct control and includes issues that may also be outside the control of the delegate/s due to attend. This could include, for example but not exclusively:
- Adverse Weather
- Transport Problems including strike, dispute and failure
- Personal issues, both minor and serious
- Business issues including staff shortage, other meetings, audit, inspection
WITH Cancellation Period Extension (Additional £35+vat)
Purchase of the Cancellation Period Extension (CPE) option allows delegates to cancel or transfer to an alternative event, date or location at any point prior to the event.
- CPE is not transferable between delegates
- CPE must be taken out individually for each delegate as required
- Cancellation Period Extension is only available at the time of booking.
- CPE is event specific and cannot be transferred between events
- CPE can be used only once. If a delegate transfers and wishes CPE to apply to the new event then an additional CPE payment is required
- In the event of cancellation/transfer the CPE premium is non-refundable.
- Cancellations and transfers effected under the CPE incur the £25+vat admin fee.
Cancellations with Multiple Delegate Discounts
Where multiple delegates from the same organisation, book on the same event discounts may be applied to second and/or additional bookings. Where this occurs cancellation by one or more delegates, for any reason including the use of CPE may reduce the discount entitlement remaining delegates are entitled to. Any credit note or refund due to the delegate who is cancelling will be adjusted to remove any discounts no longer valid.
For example: on a group booking of 3 delegates where the first delegate is charged £300, the second £200 and the third £100. A valid and accepted cancellation by the second delegate would result in a refund of £100 less any cancellation charge. In terms of cost the third delegate has, in effect, taken and been charged the rate of the second delegate and the third delegate’s charge that has been cancelled.